Our Vision is to provide an eye care experience that is like no other. Service to the patient is our highest priority.
Simpson Optical has been locally owned and operated since 1989. We are a full-service optometric and optical practice. We hope you find your experience with us reflective of our reputation for superior service.
Your eye exam is an integral part of your overall health assessment. Our doctors are here to help manage your wellness for the future by performing:
- Wellness examinations, to update glasses prescriptions or school exams for children.
- Wellness examinations to fit and evaluate contact lenses – even those patients that are difficult to fit.
- Ocular injury or illness – scratches, infections, allergies, etc.
- Examinations to monitor ocular health as it relates to other health conditions including diabetes, hypertension, glaucoma and medications that may impact visual health.
Simpson Optical is able to offer the latest technologies and treatments to provide the best care possible for all patients and their individual visual needs.
- Hybrid contact lenses - for patients with irregular corneas to provide a better fit and longer lasting comfort.
- Scleral contact lenses - a lens designed to treat a variety of eye conditions; many of which do not respond to other forms of treatment.
- Dry eye treatment - aimed to restore or maintain a normal amount of tears to minimize discomfort, maintain eye health and improve visual clarity.
Simpson Optical has been serving Lexington since 1989.
Our story actually begins in 1957 when the first Dr. Simpson, Senior opened a practice on Southland Drive. He eventually moved to what was then the 'new' Turfland Mall in 1967.
In 1989, Dr. Simpson, Junior formally incorporated Simpson Optical and moved to our previous location on Nicholasville Road.
In 1990, Drs. Joe and Karen McMillin started practicing in Lexington at their own practice and were actually 'the competition.'
In 1997, Dr. Danielle Frank began working at the short-lived location in Frankfort. We wanted to keep everyone in Lexington so, in 2000 we opened our Tates Creek location and Dr. Frank began seeing patients there.
The next Simpson generation, Dr. Joy Simpson, joined the practice in 2003.
In 2007, Simpson Optical and the McMillin's merged practices and opened our location on Meijer Way.
2018 we expanded to our third location on Governors Lane inside Beaumont Circle. This newest location provides more access for our patients.